Yes, you saw me wearing this outfit yesterday. And probably last week, too. And I’m wearing it again today. Heads up, you’ll likely be seeing a lot of this winning fashion combo in the coming weeks and months.
- I spend all my money on my kids’ wardrobes, which doesn’t leave any leftovers for me. So they’re stylin’ while my look is sufferin’.
- I’m modeling myself after Kate Middleton, who wears her clothes more than once. And she’s a fashion goddess.
- I already did laundry for like 16 hours today, and that just covered towels and baby clothes. Mine’ll have to wait, again.
- I had about 20 seconds to get dressed this morning, because I was interrupted by an emergent potty accident. It involved a mattress, so take pity on me, I beg of you.
- Only about 7 percent of the shirts I own flatter my midsection after three kids, so my options are limited.
- Nobody wants me to pull out my old low-rise jeans. Nobody.
- I haven’t had a moment to think, let alone contemplate the evolution of my personal style, in over 7 years since becoming a mom.
- Same outfit collage
- Me wearing the same black sweater and/or jeans over the past 7 years.
- I happen to think this dull gray sweatshirt brings out the dark circles under my eyes.
- Why put on a new outfit when you didn’t have time to shower? Relax, I’m wearing deodorant. Oh, wait. I’m not. BRB.
- I’m saving my really impressive outfits for a special occasion. Like going to Target.
- I heard ’90s grunge is making a comeback. Okay, I’m trying to bring it back.
- The last time I put on a really nice top, it was covered in oatmeal and snot within 40 seconds, so why bother?
- I refuse to waste my black pants on picking my kids up from school. Plus they kind of cut off my circulation.
- Why mess with what’s so clearly working?!
- Ben Affleck once checked me out when I was wearing this very outfit! Fine, he didn’t. But he might, okay?
- Hey listen, I’ve come to terms with the reality that I’m not, nor am I ever going to be, a fashion icon. It just isn’t that important to me to keep up
- with the latest trends now that I have kids. Besides, in my view, jeans and a gray or black top that fits, are timeless.
Ultimately, my aim when it comes to my everyday attire is simple: to change out of my pajamas, and if I pull that off, I call it a victory. So get used to seeing me in this get-up, because it’s not going anywhere.
What’s your excuse for wearing the same outfit all the time?
Meanwhile, I love jeans but my kids won’t wear ’em! Instead, you’ll find them sporting…